Win a Copy: “Charles Harper's Birds & Words” Anniversary Edition
The classic 1974 book features gorgeous, carefully restored images.
NOTE: The contest is closed. For those who didn't win and would like to purchase a copy of Birds & Words, AMMO is offering a 40% discount through ammobooks.com using the code Audubon40.
We're giving away five copies of the 40-year anniversary edition of Charles Harper's Birds & Words. To enter the giveaway, just leave a comment below, and be sure to include a viable email address (it won't show up on the page). The official rules are below. The contest ends at midnight, Friday, November 29, 2013. In the meantime, here's a little about the book from the publisher, AMMO Books. Good luck!
This lovely reissue of the highly collectible 1974 classic is a Charley Harper gem. AMMO has carefully restored all the images and reproduced Birds & Words in its entirety and in its original format.
A book for every bird lover who knows there is more to bird watching than measurements, range maps, flight patterns, and lifetime lists. Birds & Words is a true reflection of Charley Harper, who was that special species of man with twinkling eyes and smile, with wit as infectiously keen and light-hearted as his paintings. Harper the humorist reads as captivating in the self-composed stories that accompany his serigraphs as Harper the artist. An active curiosity prodded him to constantly question nature. "What will happen," he asked, "if a buzzard, which eats only dead meat, comes upon a possum, which plays dead when threatened? The answer has to be that the mild-mannered marsupial will win his Purple Heart--possumously."
THE CHARLES HARPER'S BIRDS AND WORDS GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
1) Sponsor: Audubon Magazine, an operating unit of National Audubon Society, Inc., 225 Varick Street, New York, NY 10014 ("Audubon Magazine" or "Audubon").
2) No purchase necessary.
3) The "The Charles Harper's Birds & Words Giveaway" ("Contest") is open from 12:01 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") on November 18, 2013 through 11:59 p.m. ET on November 29, 2013.
4) Eligible entrants must be at least 18 years old as of November 18, 2013 and a resident of the contiguous 48 United States. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and any and all entities directly associated with the Contest, including immediate family members and members of the same household, are not eligible to participate (collectively with Sponsor, the "Contest Entities"). Void where prohibited by law. Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all the terms of these Official Rules and Regulations ("Official Rules").
5) To enter leave a comment by completing the "Your name", "E-mail" and "Comment" fields (the Submission") on the following article page of Audubon Magazine's website: http://mag.audubon.org/articles/living/win-copy-charles-harpers-birds-words-anniversary-edition. The "Homepage" field on such article page is optional and will have no effect on your chances. Email addresses submitted with any Submission must be valid. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify and remove any Submission and/or entrant at any time in the event of any evidence of false or deceptive acts by an entrant, including, but not limited to, multiple Submissions or Submissions reasonably suspected to be generated by script, macro or other automatic means; any Submission determined to be offensive, inappropriate, not in keeping with Sponsor's image or if it is otherwise determined that the entrant has not otherwise complied with any portion of these Official Rules.
6) Only one entry permitted per person.
7) Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received.
8) Five winners will each receive one copy of the book Charles Harper's Birds & Words Anniversary Edition, by Charley Harper, AMMO Books 2013 (value: $34.95) (Total value of all prizes: $174.75).
9) Winners will be selected by a random drawing conducted by Audubon Magazine on December 2, 2013 and notified by Audubon Magazine via email on or before December 4, 2013. If within five (5) business days using Audubon Magazine's reasonable effort, any winner does not respond to Audubon Magazine's notification email, or otherwise cannot be contacted, or is found to be ineligible, an alternate winner may be selected.